The time has come – The Queen’s Head West Bergholt will be back open from the 12th April 2021! It will be outdoor seating with a limited menu for now, but it’s a huge step from where we have been for the past year and we’re delighted to be able to welcome your smiling faces back, in whatever way possible.
But who needs to dine indoors? You’ll be more than comfortable lounging out on our new, improved garden furniture, soaking up the sun during the day and staying warm and toasty by the fire pits in the evening. There’s plenty of room for social distancing between tables, so all you have to worry about is having a good time!
Of course, we will have safety precautions in place and will be following guidelines set out by the Colchester Borough Council to ensure that both our staff and customers can stay well when visiting us. Please read up on the main points below:
- We will be operating as table service only for the time being. Please do not stand around or at the bar – a member of our staff will come to your table to take orders for food and drinks.
- The rule of 6, or 2 households, applies to all bookings made at The Queen’s Head. We highly recommend booking prior to your visit to guarantee you are able to be seated.
- A one-way system will be implemented for the toilets to minimise contact and increase safety.
- Please wear facemasks or coverings upon entry to the pub and when you are not seated e.g., getting from your table to go to the toilet. You may remove your covering when you are sat at your table.
- We have taken it upon ourselves to close earlier than our usual time to reduce the risk of noise disturbances to our neighbours. You can view our current temporary opening times here.
Thank you to everyone who has already made their booking with us – we can’t wait to have you dining in the comfort of our fully furnished pub garden again, sipping on refreshing beverages and enjoying the food lovingly made in our kitchen. If you haven’t already, just give us a call on 01206 240 394 to secure a table! We look forward to seeing you very soon.