We are very much open for business and are here to warmly welcome you to The Queen’s Head.
Following the most recent government announcement that Essex is now in COVID-Alert Level Tier 2 (high) we have reviewed and updated our COVID-secure measures.
We are continuing to implement a range of social distancing and safety measures to protect our customers and wonderful team. Please read on for all the details:
• In accordance with government rules, we are only able to allow tables consisting of same household members and their support bubble inside – you may book a table and enjoy our new furniture and fire pits outside with mixed households, but the rule of 6 still applies.
• The Council have confirmed a support bubble is when a single person joins a household. The size depends on the household size, but you can only be in a support bubble with one additional person.
• The Council have also confirmed that people who work in close proximity to each other are able to have food/drink indoors if this is within working hours and social distancing is in place.
• For tables booked inside we are asking all visitors to confirm that they are from one household.
• Bookings only – all visitors must pre-book whether you are joining us for a drink or dining. This pre-booking system will allow us to ensure the appropriate number of guests. Your table booking will be for 2 ½ hours (which will allow us time to clean thoroughly between visits). Diners will be able to book tables in both the Willow Room and garden, and drinkers in the bar area.
• Booking ahead – the position is changing all the time and we have decided, for now, to only allow bookings 7 days ahead. If you are planning a special occasion and need us to be a little more flexible, do feel free to give us a call.
• Masks – it is compulsory to wear a face mask or covering in the pub when waiting to be seated. You may remove them once you have been sat down at your table.
• Visiting – we are implementing a one-way system which we ask all guests to adhere to. On arrival one of our team will direct you straight to your table and point out the one-way system. We will be operating full table service and there will be no access to the bar. We have carefully positioned the tables for social distancing and service and kindly ask that you do not move furniture.
• We have not increased our pricing due to the impact of Covid-19, but to enable us to deliver the best possible service there will be a £5 per table cover charge for outside tables and tables of 4 or more.