We are delighted to have welcomed so many faces, both old friends and new guests, since we reopened in July. We are currently running our 33% off in September and are planning some more offers over the coming weeks – follow us on social for the latest news.
Following the most recent government announcement (on the 8th September) we have reviewed and updated our COVID-secure measures.
We are continuing to implement a range of social distancing and safety measures to protect our customers and wonderful team. Please read on for all the details:
• Bookings only – all visitors must pre-book whether you are joining us for a drink or dining. This pre-booking system will allow us to ensure the appropriate number of guests. Your table booking will be for 2 ½ hours (which will allow us time to clean thoroughly between visits). Diners will be able to book tables in both the Willow Room and garden, and drinkers in the bar area.
• Booking ahead – the position is changing all the time and we have decided, for now, to only allow bookings 7 days ahead. If you are planning a special occasion and need us to be a little more flexible, do feel free to give us a call.
• Groups – the government guidance restricts a maximum of 6 people per booking from Monday 14th September. Please only book a table for up to 6 guests.
• Visiting – we are implementing a one-way system which we ask all guests to adhere to. On arrival one of our team will direct you straight to your table and point out the one-way system. We will be operating full table service and there will be no access to the bar. We have carefully positioned the tables for social distancing and service and kindly ask that you do not move furniture.
• Table service – we will be operating full table service, but it is possible to pre-order your food prior to arrival if this is a preferred option. Again, to minimise contact there will be 1 bill per table.
• Fee – we have not increased our pricing but to enable us to deliver the best possible service there will be a £5 per table cover charge.
• Children – we always love seeing your little ones at The Queen’s Head and respectfully ask you to keep your children with you and do not allow them to run around.
• Cleaning – we will be thoroughly cleaning throughout service and will be providing hand sanitiser stations for guests to use.
• Smoking – we have created a designated smoking area to help those heading out for “fresh air” to socially distance.
• Opening times – please click here to see our opening times.
• Community – we remain here for the community of which we are proud to be a part. If you are still self-isolating we are here for you! Whether you need a chat or a takeaway just let us know.
We respectfully ask everyone to adhere to these measures and make your visit both safe and enjoyable. Please be mindful of the rules and don’t put our team in an awkward position by asking to break them.
We will review these measures and government guidance as it comes – please check back here for updates.
Come and join us for a drink or something to eat – you can be assured of the warmest of welcomes.
We look forward to seeing you at The Queen’s Head.
With best wishes Stephen, Lisa and all the team at The Queen’s Head.