We are delighted to announce that we are reopening on Saturday 4th July at 11am. We have missed seeing everyone and look forward to welcoming you to the Queen’s Head soon.
We are implementing a range of social distancing and safety measures to protect our customers and wonderful team.
- Bookings only – all visitors must pre-book whether you are joining us for a drink or dining. This pre-booking system will allow us to ensure the appropriate number of guests. Your table booking will be for 2 ½ hours (which will allow us time to clean thoroughly between visits). Diners will be able to book tables in both the Willow Room and garden and drinkers in the bar area.
- Booking ahead – the position is changing all the time and we have decided, for now, to only allow bookings 7 days ahead. If you are planning a special occasion and need us to be a little flexible do feel free to give us a call.
- Groups – the government guidance currently restricts only two households getting together rather than a maximum number. Please only book a table for up to two households.
- Visiting – we are implementing a one-way system which we ask all guests to adhere too. On arrival one of our team will direct you straight to your table and point out the one-way system. We will be operating full table service and there will be no access to the bar. We have carefully positioned the tables for social distancing and service and kindly ask that you do not move furniture.
- Table service – we will be operating full table service, but it is possible to pre order your food prior to arrival if this is a preferred option. Again to minimise contact there will be 1 bill per table.
- Fee – we have decided not to increase our pricing but to enable us to deliver the best possible service there will be a £5 per table cover charge.
- Children – we can’t wait to welcome everyone back to the Queen’s Head and respectfully ask you to keep your children with you at all times and do not allow them to run around.
- Cleaning – we will be thoroughly cleaning throughout service and will be providing hand sanitiser stations for guests to use.
- Smoking – we have created a new designated smoking area to help those heading out for “fresh air” to socially distance.
- Opening times – we have new opening times please click here to see more.
- Community – we remain here for the community of which we are proud to be a part. If you are still self-isolating we are here for you! Whether you need a chat or a takeaway just let us know.
We respectfully ask everyone to adhere to these measures and make your visit both safe and enjoyable. Please be mindful of the rules and don’t put our team in an awkward position by asking to break them.
We will review these measures and government guidance over the coming weeks please check back here for updates.
Come and join us for a drink or something to eat – you can be assured of the warmest of welcomes.
We look forward to seeing you at the Queen’s Head.
With best wishes Stephen, Lisa and all the team at The Queen’s Head.